Delicious primal banana bread
This recipe is super easy to prepare and is seriously yummy and guilt-free. You don’t find those three adjectives together in the same sentence very often. I baked these little tea time goodies for the first time today and they went down a treat with the family. I would think that they would work pretty well in the kiddie’s lunch boxes too from the way my two girls devoured them.
They took only 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. So it was only 30 minutes from start to finish. You can find the non-standard ingredients at your local health store, Dischem or Wellness Warehouse.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup stevia or xylitol
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 if using thermofan)
- Grease a 12-muffin tin (I used cupcake holders so didn’t grease) or 1 loaf pan with coconut oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl (in order listed).
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Transfer to pan.
- Bake muffins for about 20 – 25 minutes or bake a loaf for about 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.