Bulletproof coffee – you gotta try it
For months now I have kept coming across “bulletproof coffee” in many of the blogs and websites that I follow. So always willing to try something at least once , I thought I would give this a go. Now I know that the moment I give you the ingredients list, you are going to pull your nose up and say, “Oh gross!” I did the first time I came across the recipe. But so many people would comment about how delicious it was that I had to just try it for myself.
Bulletproof coffee is basically:
- a cup of good quality brewed black coffee into which is added
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) or more of organic coconut oil and
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) or more of unsalted butter (preferably from grass-fed cows)
- you can also add half a teaspoon of vanilla essence/extract
- or a pinch of ground cinnamon and
- if you prefer your coffee with a bit of sweetness then add some stevia or xylitol to taste,
- blend all ingredients with a hand blender or food processor to emulsify.
Sounds pretty nasty hey? I am sure right now you are picturing a hot swirling oily mass of goop? Something they might present to contestants on Fear Factor?
Well, let me tell you something – it is absolutely delicious, creamy and oh so satisfying. I hope I have used enough adjectives in that last sentence to at least make you curious. It tastes very similar to a decadent latte actually.
Why drink this coffee?
Well, if you need another reason besides it being a wonderful taste sensation, here are a few good ones:
- For those on a high fat/low carb eating plan, bulletproof coffee is an excellent way to get your healthy fats in while keeping the carbs low due to no milk being added ( milk is reasonably high in carbs)
- If you struggle to eat breakfast, then starting your day with a cup of this coffee will honestly keep you alert and your energy levels high for hours.
- It can help you lose weight by stimulating your body’s fat burning potential
- It is reasonably quick to prepare once you get the hang of it and mobile as you can pop it into a thermos mug and head out the door for the school run or work
Not a coffee drinker?
No excuse! Give it a whirl with some Spiced Chai, Rooibos or Ceylon tea .
Go on, be a risk-taker – give it a try and let me know what you think.
For more info you can read this article.