Recipe: Cranberry Almond Cookies
Posted by Nicky Perks
Here is a recipe for a delicious biscuit that is free from grains, sugar and toxic vegetable oils. Remember, if your goal is to lose weight, then these sorts of treats need to be consumed OCCASIONALLY and NOT every day. Pop them into your children’s lunch boxes for a special snack. Been invited for tea over the weekend? Offer to bake a batch of these biscuits that you can also enjoy without any guilt.
Cranberry Almond Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped/flaked almonds
- Optional: Add a handful of chopped dark chocolate pieces.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. (150 degrees if using thermo fan oven)
- Prepare two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, add the vanilla essence into the melted butter and pour over dry ingredients.
- Mix well, then add in the almonds and cranberries (and chocolate, if using.)
- Take a tablespoon of dough and roll between your hands into small, compact balls.
- Put balls of dough onto the baking sheet and gently press flatter with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. (Be careful not to burn them).
- Leave to cool completely.
- For a firmer biscuit, store in the fridge.
Click this link for a printer-friendly version of the recipe. Cranberry Almond Cookies